In case of a dental emergency that requires same day bookings, please call 08 9276 1540
FACIAL FILLERS AFTERCARE
Dermal Fillers Pre – Treatment Instructions
- A few simple guidelines before your treatment can make a difference between a good result and a fantastic one!
- Patient should be in good overall health. A full medical and dental history must be performed on all patients for optimal results.
- If you develop a cold sore, blemish or rash, etc. prior to your appointment you must reschedule.
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up, schedule your treatment at least two (2 ) weeks in advance.
- Let us know if you are prone to cold sores – a pre-operative medication may help prevent cold sores after treatment.
DO NOT: Touch, press, rub or manipulate the implanted areas for the rest of the day after treatment. Avoid kissing, puckering and sucking movements for the rest of the day as these motor movements can undesirably displace the implanted dermal filler material. Irritation, sores and post operative complications, including scarring, are possible if you manipulate the dermal filler implants.
AVOID: Alcohol, caffeine, motrin, gingko biloba, garlic, flax oil, cod liver oil, vitamin A, Vitamin E, fatty acids, niacin supplements, high-sodium foods, high-sugar foods, Refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods or cigarettes 24 hours before your treatment. This is to reduce the incidence of bruising after these procedures.
AVOID: Vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for three (3) days after treatment.
It is best to wear no makeup or lipstick until the next day. Earlier use can cause pustules.
- One side may heal faster than the other side
- You can expect some bruising and swelling around the areas that were injected.
- Apply ice for the first hour after treatment for ten (10) minutes on and ten (10) minutes off.
- You must wait two (2) weeks before any enhancements.
- Please report any redness, blisters or itching immediately if it occurs after treatment!
REQUEST A CONSULTATION